- Information We Collect
- Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
- How We Use Your Information
- How We Share Your Information
- Your Rights And Choices
- Data Transfers
- Links To Other Websites and Third Party Content
- Data Retention
- California Privacy Rights
- Contacting Tula
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Information we collect directly from you
We collect the information you provide directly to us, such as when you open an account, place an order, ask to receive emails, or interact with us on social media. The types of personal data we may collect directly from you include:
- Contact information, such as your name, email address, mailing address, and phone number;
- Account information, such as your username and password;
- Billing information, such as credit card details, billing address, and shipping address;
- Optional information you may choose to provide, such as your age group, date of birth, gender, social handles, your location, product or cosmetics usage and concerns, personal characteristics and other information such as answers to our “skin quiz” or other surveys; and
- Any other information you choose to provide.
Information about you through your use of our Services
We may collect information about you and your use of the Services, when you:
- Create or change your account
- Buy or express interest in our products
- Request a sample.
- Join a loyalty, rewards or similar program or club.
- Participate in promotional sweepstakes, contests, surveys, or focus groups.
- Provide ratings, reviews, or related services and features.
- Correspond with our customer service team.
- Interact with our social media pages.
- Apply for a job through our website or through other means.
- Interact with us at retail stores, live events, or in-person promotional activities
- Click on or respond to a special offer, sponsored links, or third-party advertisements
If you choose to use our refer-a-friend service to tell a friend about Tula, we may collect your friend's name and email address in order to send your friend an email and one follow-up reminder email inviting him or her to shop with us. We store information about the individuals you refer in order to send these emails and to administer and track the success of our referral program.
Information we collect from other sources
When you access the Services through a social network, we collect information from the social network in accordance with your settings on the social network. If you interact with us on social media, we will collect information about those interactions. The information we may collect includes your name, picture, and email address. We may also collect information about you from third parties, including mailing list providers, online advertising networks, analytics vendors, companies that co-sponsor promotions, publicly available sources, or friends that refer you to Tula.
Information we collect by automated means
- URLs that refer visitors to our websites;
- Search terms used to reach our websites;
- Details about the devices that are used to access our websites (such as IP address, browser information, location information, device information, and operating system information);
- Details about your interaction with our websites (such as the date, time, length of stay, and specific pages accessed during your visits to our websites, and which emails you may have opened); and
- Usage information (such as the number and frequency of visitors to our websites).
We may associate this information with your Tula account if you have one, the device you use to connect to our Services, or email or social media accounts that you use to engage with Tula.
ADVERTISING AND ANALYTICS SERVICES PROVIDED BY OTHERS
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We may use the information we collect to deliver the products you request, to maintain and customize your account and our interactions with you, and to provide, maintain, and improve our Services (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the website, and to assess the success of marketing and advertising campaigns). We also use the information we collect to:
- Communicate with you about our Services, including to tell you about products and services that may be of interest to you;
- Respond to your requests, inquiries, comments, and suggestions;
- Facilitate your engagement with the Services, including to enable you to post comments and reviews;
- Offer contests, sweepstakes, or other promotions;
- Conduct or administer surveys, quizzes, and other market research; and
- Protect against, identify, investigate, and respond to fraud or other illegal activity.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We may share the information we collect:
- With service providers that perform services on our behalf, such as those that provide shipment, payment, and fulfillment services, customer service, data analytics, and marketing support;
- With select partners as a part of an event or co-sponsored promotions;
- To comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, protect and defend Tula’s rights or property, protect the safety of our customers and website users or the public, and protect against legal liability;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by a third party;
- Between and among Tula’s current and future parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and other companies under common control and ownership; and
- With your consent and at your direction.
When you provide a product review or other user content, that content will be publicly posted. Other users may be able to see your name or other information about you that you post. If you are in the United States, we may share information about you with select third parties so that they can communicate with you about products or services that may be of interest to you. If you prefer that we not share your information with such third parties, you may opt out by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
Managing or deleting your Tula account
You may review, update, or modify your account information, including profile and contact information, at any time by logging into your Tula account. You may delete your Tula account by emailing email@example.com.
Opting out of email marketing
You may unsubscribe from our promotional emails at any time by following the instructions included in those emails. If you opt out of receiving such communications, note that we may continue to send you non-promotional emails (such as order confirmation emails or emails about changes to our legal terms).
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. You can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our websites and Services.
Our Services are not designed for children and we do not knowingly collect personal data from children. If you have reason to believe that a child has provided personal data to us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will delete that information from our databases.
Tula is headquartered in the United States, and we currently only have operations and entities in the United States. If you provide information to us from another country, we may transfer your personal data to, or store or access it in, a jurisdiction that may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction. We will take steps to ensure that your personal data receives an adequate level of protection in the jurisdictions in which we process it.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES AND THIRD-PARTY CONTENT
Our retention periods for personal data are based on business needs and legal requirements. We retain personal data for as long as is necessary for the processing purpose(s) for which the data was collected, and any other permissible, related purpose.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California law permits residents of California to request notice of how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes or to opt out of such sharing. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice or to opt out, please submit a written request to the following address: Tula Life, Inc., 44 E 30th Street, 10th Floor, New York, NY 10016, Attn: Legal, or by emailing us by emailing us at email@example.com.